Located in the quaint Weymouth Corners neighborhood, this is the only contract post office in the country that is run totally by volunteers. Founded in 1966 at the suggestion of neighborhood merchants, the ladies originally sold stamps over a Dutch door. It is now a full-service domestic post office. This post office has excellent counter service with very friendly volunteer staff. February 4th, 2014 the Post Office celebrated its 50th Anniversary.
All money raised goes toward philanthropic projects, some of which include:
- Low cost dental and orthodontia care to children of preschool through high school age from low income families.
- “Los Ojos Bonitos” program providing glasses for children from low income families.
- “Assault Survivor Kits” to victims of rape and assault.
- “Operation School Bell” helping provide new school clothes, shoes and grooming kits.
- “Weavers Club” for visually impaired adults.
Assistance League Post Office
1441 West 8th Street
San Pedro, CA 90732
Hours 9:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday
Closed Saturday and Sunday